We had currently booked several spaces in which to exhibit our upcoming proposals in the coming months, but hosting these events is now clearly contrary to emerging governmental public health advice. As such, we are taking a number of additional steps to ensure that everyone who wants to know about our schemes will find information on them clearly and easily, and most importantly - will be able to make their views clear to us via a number of different channels.
These steps include more extensive use of digital engagement, which alllows us to continue to embed the views of local residents firmly into the design process for each of our schemes. We first used this method for the first phase of engagement at Blackwall Yard (in Tower Hamlets) and will now also be repeating the process for our upcoming schemes on Ilford High Road in Goodmayes, and at Station Road in Colliers Wood.
With the above in mind, we will be:
- Producing and hosting informative videos about proposals for each site on the project website
- Running a series of online polls requesting the feedback of everyone affected by or interested in the proposals
- Promoting the website and consultation via letterdrops (where appropriate) and through engaging social media advertising campaigns
- Offering SMS updates for local residents who do not use the internet extensively
- Guaranteeing a full response to all email queries within two working days
- Ensuring the availability of project team members for video and telephone conversations with residents at the times most convenient to them
In the meantime, do try and stay safe until we see you again.